Saturday, July 13, 2024

Canal Canyon, Spring City

I would like to do a post on Canal Canyon out of Spring city because it seems to be so popular.  Even a TV video/interview on a Back Country Horseman ride.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hfF6GMv6A0

However, we have been deterred from even trying it.  A few years ago, there seemed to be no parking.  That issue has been resolved. However, there are a few miles of gravel/washboard/dusty road to get there.

 The photos I have seen are a mix of "oh, that's pretty" to "wow, no way do I want to take my horses on that."  Looks rocky and steep in places.  I have heard people refer to it as "rugged" and "overgrown."

So, as of now, I think we'll pass on this one.  There are other trails to ride that seem to have better views and that are easier for us to get to and more conducive to our "senior citizen" riding.   

Here are some photos I gleaned from public postings on the internet:












Here are some tracks and comments from "Rambler".  Note trails are mostly considered "moderate" or "Hard".





If anyone reading this has updated or other information on this, please email your photos, tracks or descriptions.






No comments:

Post a Comment