Thursday, October 24, 2013

East Canyon--Redrock



(Update, August 9, 2026--
As I heard about the Rocky Canyon fire--began August 5, 2026. I looked at it on a map.  "Wow, we have ridden up there!"   It was beautiful.  No vistas, but pretty colors and seemed like a slice of southern Utah with the red rock formations.  With all the fire damage I reckon it will never be the same. The following screenshot was taken August 9, 2026 showing the extent of the rocky Canyon fire.  It looks like there were smaller fires in 2021 and 2022.)





September 15, 2012; Total distance: 8.47 miles; maximum altitude: 7,037 ft; Ascent/descent=2,000 ft; Trail conditions: 85% dirt, 15% rocky. Google map directions to East Canyon State Park.  This is a few miles before reaching the reservoir. (if coming from Ogden/Morgan.)

(click on any photo to open enlarged images.)
Parking area; trailhead.

Nice, fairly easy trail...forest riding nestled between great views of some red rock cliffs.  













No comments:

Post a Comment